Personal Injury Attorney Fort Collins
Let Our Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Collins Help You
Accidents can happen at any time of day in Fort Collins. You might have stepped into the grocery store to buy something when you slip and fall, or you could have been driving down Route 287 when a vehicle sideswipes you.
However the accident occurred, and regardless of the severity of your injuries, you need to consider whether you have a valid legal claim for compensation.
Denver Trial Lawyers ® has represented the Fort Collins community for years, and we want to help you, too. We have built a reputation for providing top-shelf representation to those injured by the careless or reckless conduct of others. After your accident, contact a personal injury attorney in Fort Collins to get started. We are able to meet our clients in Fort Collins and throughout Colorado.
We'll take care of everything else.
Submit the short form below to schedule a consultation.
Cases We Have Handled
Our team has broad experience helping victims of all sorts of accidents, including:
- Car wrecks
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective product cases
- Slip and fall or trip and fall
- Sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
- Insurance bad faith
- Wrongful death
Every Fort Collins personal injury attorney on our team has also helped clients who have suffered from devastating physical injuries, including:
You will find the compassionate legal guidance you need after a devastating accident. Give us a call.
Why You Need Help From a Fort Collins Personal Injury Lawyer
Many people would like to handle their cases themselves, and we don’t blame them. Handling your case gives you a sense of control. Also, many people are worried about the costs of hiring an attorney and fear they will have to pay all the compensation they receive to their attorney. However, it is ultimately more beneficial to go with hiring a Fort Collins personal injury attorney to represent you after an accident.
Let’s say you are involved in a car wreck. Because you are focused on your recovery, you might not have the time to gather the necessary evidence to make a claim. Remember, after an accident, you need to establish who is “at fault,” which is the legal term for blame. Every case begins with a simple question: Who caused the accident? This person will need to pay compensation.
By hiring a Fort Collins car accident attorney, you can focus on getting well. Your lawyer will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and document how much the accident has cost you financially. An experienced attorney can also negotiate aggressively with our state’s gigantic insurance companies to obtain the maximum compensation allowed under Colorado law.
Identifying Parties at Fault
The person or entity you sue will depend on the circumstances. There is potentially a long list of defendants you can hold legally responsible for your injuries:
- Car accident. You might sue the driver who negligently crashed into you. If a defective car part is responsible, you can sue the manufacturer. When a defective road is to blame, then the entity responsible for the road might need to pay compensation, including the state.
- Truck accident. Our clients have brought successful claims against the truck driver, trucking company, truck manufacturer, or loading company.
- Slip and fall. The business or property owner in control of the premises can be sued when they fail to use proper care to keep the property safe.
- Sexual assault. Our clients can always sue the assailant who assaulted them. However, other businesses or organizations might be to blame. If you were assaulted in a hotel with defective security, then the hotel could be to blame. If a teacher assaulted you, then you might sue the school district.
- Defective products. The company that designed or manufactured a product can be on the hook for compensation when the product injures someone.
After an accident, no one expects an injured victim to properly identify the party to sue. There are many variables in play, and often you need to perform at least a preliminary investigation. This is why hiring a personal injury attorney in Fort Collins is the right thing to do.
Receive the Compensation You Deserve
Many of our clients receive money to pay for medical bills and replace lost wages. If the property was damaged during the accident, they can also receive money to repair or replace it.
Many people are unaware they also qualify for pain and suffering damages to make up for the bodily and mental pain they are experiencing. The amount you qualify for is difficult to determine since there is no real market value for pain. But a lawyer can use her experience to help you understand how much your injuries are truly worth.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Fort Collins Today
Serious accidents deserve serious legal representation. Let Denver Trial Lawyers ® be your guide through the personal injury claims process. To speak with a personal injury lawyers in Fort Collins, please contact us today for a free, confidential consultation.