Car Accident Attorney in Denver
175+ Years of Experience. Thousands of Cases Handled.
Major car accidents affect every community in the United States. According to data from the Colorado Department of Transportation, there were 120,000 collisions reported in the state in 2017 alone. While some crashes are thankfully mere fender-benders, many of them lead to serious, even life-altering injuries. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not make the claims process easy. Auto accident victims need strong legal representation. If you were injured in a crash, our Denver car accident lawyers are here to protect your rights and help you obtain the full and fair compensation that you deserve.
Our firm, Denver Trial Lawyers, is a small, but exceptionally dedicated partnership of trial lawyers. Some law firms are “settlement” firms, who have never been to trial. In contrast, our attorneys have tried over 100 jury trials, with extraordinary results.
We are able to obtain remarkable settlements based on our history of success in the courtroom. To get a free, no obligation review of your car accident claim, please do not hesitate to contact our Denver law office today.
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT IN DENVER, CO
Following an auto accident in Colorado, it is crucial that you take the proper steps to protect your rights. Insurance companies are notoriously aggressive in defending car accident claims in Colorado. Some plaintiffs make mistakes early on in the process that cause problems down the road and that damage their ability to bring a strong legal case. Important steps to take after a car crash include:
- Get Medical Help: Emergency medical needs come first. If you sustained severe injuries, you need immediate medical attention. Further, seemingly mild or moderate injuries should also always be examined by a qualified professional. You will not be able to bring a car accident injury claim in Colorado unless your injuries are documented.
- Report the Crash: Under Colorado law, motor vehicle accidents must be reported to law enforcement if there was either $1,000 in property damage or there was an injury. If you were hurt due to the negligence of another motorist, it is imperative that you report your accident. The responding officer should write an official crash report.
- Obtain Evidence: Strong supporting evidence will help you bring a strong legal claim. You should attempt to secure as much evidence as you can. This includes taking pictures of the wreck and getting contact details for witnesses. If you have any questions or concerns about auto accident evidence, an experienced Colorado personal injury lawyer can help.
- Call an Attorney: Injured victims do not have to go up against the big insurance companies on their own. To protect your rights, it is highly recommended that you work with the insurance company through a top-rated Denver car accident attorney. Our legal team will handle all aspects of your claim, including discussions with insurance adjusters.
WE HANDLE THE FULL RANGE OF CAR ACCIDENT CLAIMS
At Denver Trial Lawyers, our Denver auto accident lawyers We handle all car accidents, with problems ranging anywhere from the following and beyond:
- Distracted driving;
- Hit and run accidents;
- Insurance issues;
- Rear-end accidents;
- Uber and Lyft accidents; and
- Drunk driving accidents.
Our Denver personal injury lawyers will help you feel confident and comfortable pursuing a claim. No matter the specific circumstances of your case, our Denver car accident attorneys will conduct a comprehensive investigation, gathering and assembling all of the evidence that you need to bring strong legal claim.
WHO CAN BE HELD LIABLE FOR A CAR ACCIDENT?
A number of different parties can potentially be held liable for a car accident. You need a car accident attorney in Denver who can identify all possible sources of compensation. Some parties that can be held legally responsible for an accident include:
- Other drivers on the road;
- Commercial trucking companies;
- Vehicle manufacturers or product manufacturers; and
- Governmental entities involved with road design or road maintenance.
In a car accident, the following parties may be liable:
- Other drivers on the road
- Commercial trucking company
- Vehicle manufacturer or product manufacturer
- Governmental unit involved with road design
Determining Liability After an Auto Accident
Colorado is a fault-based car accident jurisdiction. To hold another party legally liable for your injuries, you must prove that your accident occurred because of their careless or reckless conduct. Injured victims need an accident attorney in Denver who understands how to prove liability. At Denver Trial Lawyers, we plan to win your case—whether by a successful settlement or victory in court. We have a combined 175 years of experience as personal injury attorneys and make our substantial resources available in every case.
We have relationships with medical illustrators, nurse practitioners, consulting physicians and technology associates to clearly present every case—what happened; how it happened; what injuries were caused; and how your life has been changed.
COMPENSATION AVAILABLE TO INJURED VICTIMS
Dealing with the aftermath of a major car accident can be deeply challenging. You may have medical bills piling up and you may have been forced to miss time at work. Under Colorado law, injured victims have a right to seek financial relief for their economic and noneconomic losses.
Sadly, the big insurance companies that handle these claims are not interested in offering claimants the fair compensation that they need to move forward with their life. At Denver Trial Lawyers, our Denver auto accident attorneys know how to hold defendants and insurers accountable. We will maximize your settlement or personal injury verdict. You may be able to recover money damages for:
- Emergency medical costs;
- Other medical bills;
- Rehabilitative treatment;
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Long-term disability;
- Permanent physical impairments; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
COLORADO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
Under Colorado law (Colo. Rev. Stat. § 13-80-101), plaintiffs have three years to bring most car accident injury claims. This is in contrast to most other personal injury cases in Colorado, which are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. If you do not bring your claim before the deadline runs out, then your case will likely be dismissed. To protect your rights, please be sure to call a Denver car accident attorney as soon as possible after your crash.
WHY CHOOSE DENVER TRIAL LAWYERS
The personal injury claims process is complicated. You need a skilled auto accident attorney in Denver, CO who is prepared to give your case the full attention that is deserved. If you are looking for a law firm with the experience to challenge and defeat large insurance companies and corporations—our firm is for you. At Denver Trial Lawyers, we understand that filing a legal claim—even if it is a righteous claim—can be intimidating. Don’t let fears about the insurance industry or the legal system stop you from obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. We will:
- Offer a free, comprehensive initial consultation;
- Answer important questions about your case;
- Investigate the car accident;
- Carefully assemble all relevant evidence;
- Put forward the resources needed to build a strong claim;
- Work directly with relevant experts;
- Handle negotiations with the insurance company; and
- Take your car accident injury claim to court.
In many cases, car accident claims are settled outside of litigation. We will work tirelessly to get you and your family a full settlement offer. At the same time, our firm is made up of a team of trial-tested Denver personal injury lawyers. If the defendant or their insurance company will not offer a full and fair settlement, we are always able to file a lawsuit.
CONTACT OUR DENVER CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS TODAY
At Denver Trial Lawyers, our Denver auto accident attorneys are committed to justice and safety. We fight to help injured victims recover the maximum available financial compensation. If you or your loved one was injured in a car accident in Denver, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm for a free, no obligation consultation.