Founding Partner of Denver Trial Lawyers ®
Since 1981, Steve Wahlberg has stood for the individual and battled insurance companies and giant corporations. He is one of the founding partners of The Denver Trial Lawyers ®, building a firm dedicated to helping those who have suffered serious injuries and wrongful death.
Steve is one of the most decorated trial lawyers in Colorado. In 1984, he obtained a $750,000 wrongful death verdict in Federal Court—even though he was only 2 ½ years out of Law School. Steve’s trial teams have received the largest verdicts in Colorado in 1984, 1989, 1999, 2004, 2012, and 2016.
Award-Winning & Nationally Recognized
- Steve was the 50th Colorado Attorney admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates—at a time when there were 40,000 attorneys in Colorado. He was elected President of the Colorado Chapter of ABOTA in 2008.
- Steve has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for the past 16 years.
- In 2014 and 2016 Steve was recognized by Law Week Colorado as the Best Personal Injury Attorney in Colorado.
- Steve has been recognized as a Top Lawyer – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury by 5280 Magazine since 2016.
- Steve has been named to Best Lawyers in America since 2003 and was voted the Top Personal Injury Lawyer in Denver by that organization in 2016.
- Steve has been named the People’s Choice for Best Personal Injury Attorney, according to Law Week Colorado‘s Barrister’s Best Survey, for 2017 and for 2020.
- Steve served as lead counsel in the McDonald v. Horizon Coach Lines – resulting in a $6,000,000 jury verdict in December 2016 and has tried over 50 cases to verdict.
- Steve has appeared on Good Morning America, MSNBC, and numerous local television and radio stations. He frequently lectures at high schools and law schools and Continuing Legal Education Programs.
- Steve was awarded the prestigious Professionalism Award by the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association for 2019. Each year the CDLA selects one member from the opposite side of the aisle who exemplifies the highest standards of professionalism.
Steve is known for his innovative trial techniques, including state-of-the-art technology, interactive exhibits, and medical animations to help inform and persuade jurors.