Surgical Malpractice Attorney in Denver
Our law firm is investigating the Porter Hospital infection situation. If you or a loved one has been affected, please contact us immediately.
$350 Million Obtained on Behalf of our Injured Clients
While everyone knows that surgical procedures involve some risk, you expect that the surgeon, as well as the entire surgical team, will meet the standard of care that a reasonable member of the medical profession would provide. Unfortunately, there are numerous cases in which some member of the surgical team fails to conduct him or herself according to an accepted standard of care. When this happens, the consequences can be tragic. A catastrophic injury caused by medical negligence on the part of a member of your surgical team can result in even more medical bills, loss of quality of life, or worse.
What is Surgical Malpractice?
When a medical professional fails to provide treatment in accordance with accepted medical standards and it results in injury, harm or death to the patient, medical malpractice has occurred. The injured patient may then pursue monetary damages in a medical malpractice lawsuit. If the patient loses their life, their rightful heirs may seek compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Surgical Errors - Breaching the Standard of Care - In order to establish that the healthcare provider committed medical malpractice during the surgical procedure, the injured party must prove that the standard of care was breached. "Standard of care" refers to the manner in which the medical community in Denver would treat the same illness or disease.
- Misdiagnosis and Surgery-Related Errors - Surgery-related medical malpractice errors can result from misdiagnosing the medical condition. Misdiagnosis may occur when incorrect medical records are received as a result of human or computer error. This can lead to costly and unnecessary surgeries, surgical complications, and even death.
- Other Types of Surgical Errors - Surgical errors can also result from improperly prescribing or incorrectly dispensing medications both before surgery and during surgery. This can include anesthesia dosage errors. Other surgical errors result from performing surgery on the wrong side of the body, by leaving medical instruments in the body, failure to properly close a wound, or by amputating the wrong body part.
When errors occur in surgery, the results can be devastating. Medical malpractice victims may suddenly find themselves fighting for their lives after a surgical error. To make matters worse, hospitals, medical personnel, and insurance companies may try to shift the blame, cover up errors, or fabricate details to protect themselves from further liability.
Why Hire Denver Trial Lawyers?
If you believe you are a victim of a surgical error, you need an experienced and skilled Denver medical malpractice attorney to fight aggressively for your rights. Your lawyer will need to use vast resources to establish professional negligence and medical malpractice and hold the negligent surgeon responsible for his or her actions.
Medical malpractice cases involving surgical error by the surgeon or the operating staff require knowledgeable and experienced legal representation. The Denver surgical malpractice lawyers at our firm, Denver Trial Lawyers, have that experience and knowledge. We have represented numerous victims of surgical mistakes successfully.
These cases often involve the following:
- Whether the patient was adequately informed of the risks and alternative treatments
- Whether the bad result was a recognized risk or one which should not have occurred if the surgery was performed carefully
These cases hinge on determining exactly what happened during the surgery. We work with the best surgeons in the country to solve these issues.
Begin Your Journey to Just Compensation with a Denver Surgical Malpractice Lawyer!
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to the negligence of a member of your surgical team, contact a dedicated, experienced Denver medical malpractice attorney immediately to discuss your options. At Denver Trial Lawyers, we possess both the medical knowledge and resources needed to understand your case. As a nationally-recognized firm, we have the legal expertise and track record of success that you need to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. We are backed by more than a century of legal experience, and will fight to obtain just compensation.
Call (303) 586-3638 to begin a free case evaluation and discuss your legal options. Our firm will not charge you any legal fees until we obtain recovery on your behalf.