Colorado State Patrol Accident Report: What You Should Know
Did Colorado State Patrol troopers respond to your car accident?
If so there are several ways to request a copy of your Colorado accident report. An accident report document the details of your crash and can be a key piece of evidence for your claim.
Here, our Denver car accident lawyers provide the information that will help you get a copy of your Colorado car accident report.
COLORADO CAR ACCIDENT REPORTS
- How to Obtain a Colorado State Patrol Accident Report
- How to Request a Copy of Your Accident Report Online
- How to Request Colorado State Patrol Accident Reports via Email, Mail, or Fax
- What Is A “Basic” Colorado Accident Report?
- How Much Will My Colorado Car Accident Report Cost?
- Important Notes about your Colorado State Patrol Accident Report
- Questions About Your Colorado Auto Accident Report?
- Contact an Experienced Colorado Auto Accident Lawyer
How to Obtain a Colorado State Patrol Accident Report
Accident report copies can be requested from the CSP online, or by email, mail or fax.
How to Request a Copy of Your Accident Report Online
Colorado State Patrol works with the PayPort Online service to provide basic accident report copies to the public.
To fill out the form, be prepared with your case number, first and last name, the location, and date of the crash. Online reports cost $5 each and you can pay with a credit or debit card.
How to Request Colorado State Patrol Accident Reports via Email, Mail, or Fax
CSP also has an On-Line Accident Report Request Form on the official Colorado State Patrol Website. Fill out your details on the PDF form or download and fill out the request form by hand. You will need your case number, first and last name, the location, and date of the crash to complete the form. Return the form to the CSP in one of the following ways:
Mail: Colorado State Patrol Central Records Unit, 700 Kipling St., Lakewood, Colorado
For mail-in requests only: if you would like your report mailed back to you, include payment (check or money order) and a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with your form.
Fax: (303) 239-4347
What Is a “Basic” Colorado Accident Report?
A basic report contains details and information about the crash recorded by the trooper who writes your report. It does not include witness statements, photos or other information about the crash investigation.
How Much Will My Colorado Car Accident Report Cost?
Colorado State Patrol accident reports that are under 10 pages cost $5, each page after that costs $0.25.
Items like a CD with photos, a citation or arrest report, and in-car video are available at an extra cost.
Important Notes About Your Colorado State Patrol Accident Report
- The CSP office responds to online requests the following business day, and reports are usually released within 10 business days.
- If the accident took place during bad weather and a state trooper did not respond due to an accident alert or other circumstance, involved parties must file their own crash report online. So, if you cannot find your accident report online, contact the CSP office.
Questions About Your Colorado Auto Accident Report?
Direct questions to the Colorado State Patrol office at (303) 239-4180.
Contact an Experienced Colorado Auto Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a car accident, you should reach out to an experienced car accident attorney. We can help you get the compensation you deserve after an accident caused by another’s negligence.
Get started on your personal injury case by calling our firm at (303) 647-9990.