Daniel A. Sloane | Partner
Denver Personal Injury Attorney with 20 Years’ Experience
Dan is a third-generation Denver native who has been representing injured clients for 15 years. Dan has been selected as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers, named in Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News and World Report, selected as a Best Lawyer in Denver by the Denver Post and named one of Denver’s Top Lawyers by 5280 Magazine.
Dan has been married 25 years, has two terrific grown daughters and two dogs.
Practice Areas & Case Results
Since 1997, Attorney Sloane has been practicing civil trial law. For the past fifteen years he has focused mainly on the representation of victims injured by motorcycle accidents, car accidents, truck and bus accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products. These victims’ injuries ranged from spinal cord injuries, quadriplegia, nerve injuries, soft tissue damage, mild to severe traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and more. Additionally, he represents those who have fallen victim to unfair wage practices. Throughout his career, Attorney Sloane has recovered numerous six and seven figure amounts for his medical malpractice and personal injury clients.
Representing in Employment Law
As part of his practice in employment law, Attorney Sloane provides representation for individuals who have experienced unfair wage or over-time practices from their employers. In a recent case, Attorney Sloane obtained class certification and served as co-lead consel in the United States District Court for a group of employees who were not fairly paid their over-time wages. In a previous nationwide multi-district product liability case, he also served as a member of the steering committee.
Volunteer & Educational Work
Dan is involved in numerous charitable organizations. He served as a board member on the Temple Sinai Board of Trustees for five years. Dan was a board member of the Brain Injury Association (Alliance) of Colorado (BIAC) for over 10 years, and served as Board President for two years. Dan also acted as BIAC’s general counsel for several years and continues to donate his time and support BIAC.
- “Litigation of Pediatric Brain Injury Cases,” Brain Injury Association of Colorado Conference, Vail, Colorado
- “A Novel Approach to Handling Medical Malpractice Claims,” American College of Surgeons, Denver, Colorado
- “Legal and Financial Issues Surrounding Brain Injuries,” Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Denver, Colorado
- The Craig Hospital 2012 Brain Injury Summit in Beaver Creek, Colorado
- Dan has conducted question and answer seminars for many brain injury support groups throughout Colorado.
- Colorado Chapter; Business Torts, A Fifty State Guide, Aspen Publishing
Insurance Bad Faith
Pedestrian & Bicycle Accident
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Eagle Member
- Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado, Board Member and Past-President
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Board of Temple Sinai, Trustee, 1995 – 2000
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity