How to Get Your Colorado Springs Police Accident Report
Obtaining Your Colorado Springs Accident Report
A traffic accident report documents the information and circumstances around your crash. It is written by the police officer that responded to your crash and is an essential piece of evidence in a car accident injury case.
It’s a good idea to obtain a copy of the report and make sure the information is accurate. It can be one of the keys to a successful recovery in your case.
How to get your Colorado Springs Accident Report
Accidents reported by the Colorado Springs Police Department are available online or in person.
Request A Report Online
To request your report online, you must first register for the City of Colorado Springs Citizen Portal. The portal will ask you to set up a username and password before you are granted access to the site.
Once registered you can begin your accident report search. At a minimum, you will need to enter the following criteria for your search.
- Case Number
- Date, time and location of the accident
- Most reports are available immediately.
Submit Your Colorado Springs Accident Report In-Person
When your Colorado Springs accident report was filed by the CSPD, you can also pick up a request in person from the CSPD.
Colorado Springs Police Department
705 S. Nevada Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Important Notes About Your Colorado Springs Accident Report
- For accident reports Colorado, the CPSD collects a fee of $7.50. Payment can be made by check, cash or money order.
- In-person report requests may take up to 7 business days to process.
- If you do not know your case number or with any other questions, contact the Colorado Springs Police Department Records Unit at (719) 444-7463.