How to Get Your Lakewood Police Accident Report
When you have been in a serious accident, it’s a good idea to request a copy of your police accident report.
A Colorado accident report is used by insurance, courts and legal representation as a part of your claim, so it is to your benefit to ensure all the details are correct.
When you have been in a serious accident, it’s a good idea to request a copy of your police accident report. A Colorado accident report is used by insurance, courts and legal representation as a part of your claim, so it is to your benefit to ensure all the details are correct.
How to Get a Copy of Your Traffic Accident Report from the Lakewood Police Department
Lakewood Police Records Section handles all requests for Lakewood Colorado police reports, including traffic accident reports. Requests can be made in person or through the mail.
To request your record, visit the Records Window in the Public Safety Building located at 445 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226 get directions.
Visit the Lakewood Police Station located one block west of Wadsworth Blvd and Alameda Ave. Parking is available in the upper-level parking lot and short-term, handicapped parking is available in front of the building. As you enter the Public Safety Building, the Records Window is on the main floor to the left of the security checkpoint.
Request Your Lakewood Accident Report In-Person
Pick up your form in-person or print the Police Records Request Form from the City of Lakewood Forms page under Police Records and fill it out before you come. You will need to have the following information to fill out your form.
- Your name
- Date, time and location of the incident
- Name(s) of involved person(s)
The records window is open six days per week,
- Monday 7 am - 7 pm
- Tues-Fri 8 am - 6 pm
- Sat 9 am - 1 pm
- Closed on Sunday and City recognized holidays.
Request Your Report By Mail
For requests by mail, print and fill out the Police Records Request Form and mail along with your payment to:
Lakewood Police Records
445 S. Allison Parkway
Lakewood, CO 80226
How Much Will My Lakewood Police Report Cost?
All reports require a pre-paid fee of $6, which includes the first 10 pages. There is a small additional fee for 11 or more pages. Make your check or money order payable to the City of Lakewood. Credit card payments are only accepted in person.
Important Notes About Obtaining Your Lakewood Accident Report
- A request is for a search only and not all records are available for release.
- Research and processing fees are non-refundable.
- Most Colorado accident reporting of nonfatal traffic accidents and traffic infractions do not require preapproval before release and can be picked up on the same day. Reports of fatal accidents or other police reports may require three to five business days for approval.
- If you have further questions, please call Lakewood Police Records at (303) 987-7331.