How to Get Your Arapahoe County Accident Report

Arapahoe County Accident Report Overview

If you are ever in an accident in Arapahoe County, you should get a copy of your Arapahoe County accident report.

An accident report is a written account of the incident by the responding police officer. It is invaluable as leverage in legal proceedings after the accident.

If the police officer responding to your incident works for a city within Arapahoe County, you will need to make a request for an accident report with that city’s police department.

However, if the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office responds to your accident, there are two ways to request your Arapahoe County accident report.



The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office offers most records through their online records portal. Visit their Open Records Portal page, request an auto accident report, and enter the following information:

  • Date of the accident;
  • Location of the accident;
  • Report number; and
  • Names of parties involved.

In some circumstances, your Arapahoe County accident report may not be available online. The sheriff’s office will notify you by phone or email if you need to request the Arapahoe County accident report in-person.


If your Arapahoe County accident report isn’t available online, you can make the request in-person by visiting the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office.

Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office
Administration Building
13101 E. Broncos Parkway
Centennial, CO 80112
Get Directions

Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am-5:30pm

If you have any questions about requesting an Arapahoe County accident report, you can call the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office Records Department at 720-874-3875 or email to

Other Important Information

The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office processes accident reports about 7-10 business days after the incident. Retrieval of the accident report costs $5.00 and an additional $0.25 per page after the first 10 pages. The retrieval fee increases in circumstances where information is either redacted or if it takes more than 15 minutes to compile the record.

For more information on records request fees, visit the Arapahoe County website.

Injured in an Accident? Speak With an Experienced Car Accident Attorney

If you suffer from severe injuries in a car accident in Arapahoe County, you should consult with an attorney. At Denver Trial Lawyers ®, our attorneys handle a full range of traffic accident claims, from car accidents to motorcycle crashes.

We fight to help injured victims recover the maximum available compensation for their claim. Call us today at (303) 647-9990 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.