Parker Stinar has devoted his career to representing victims of sexual abuse and medical negligence. He is a nationally recognized trial attorney and has litigated matters in more than 40 counties across the country, including trials in numerous states.
He has obtained numerous million-dollar verdicts and settlements as lead trial counsel, including a $3 million dollar verdict as first-chair counsel in 2015, $1.7 million dollar verdict in 2016, and a $680,000 verdict in 2018. Parker was previously a shareholder at a firm that represented survivors of sexual abuse by Larry Nassar, which settled for $500 million dollars for 332 survivors of abuse. Parker is currently representing numerous survivors of Larry Nassar regarding claims against United States of America Gymnastics (USAG).
Parker is currently representing more than 200 survivors of sexual abuse against the University of Michigan. Parker has been appointed to both the Executive and Negotiation Committees, seeking justice and compensation for more than 800 survivors of sexual abuse.
He has been featured in national and international news outlets, including CNN, Yahoo News, Fox News, ABC News, NBC News, New York Times, The Denver Post, and The United Kingdom’s Daily Mail, about his fight for justice on behalf of abuse survivors.
Featured News Articles About Parker Stinar
Parker has earned the respect of both plaintiffs’ counsel and defense counsel. Since 2015, he has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an honor reserved for fewer than 2.5% of lawyers. In 2017, he was nominated as a “Rising Star” by the American Association of Justice, the largest plaintiff attorney organization in the United States. Also in 2017, he was nominated as a Michigan “Up & Coming Lawyer”, an award which recognizes attorneys that display the ambition, drive, determination, and accomplishments that set them apart among their peers – in their first 10 years of practice.
Outside of the office, Parker is active in the American Association for Justice (Sexual Abuse Litigation Group), Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, and Michigan Association for Justice. He has been invited to speak at numerous seminars, including presentations through the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Detroit Bar Association, and Western Michigan University Cooley Law School.
Licensed to Practice in the Following States
- Michigan (2011 – present)
- Colorado (2021 – present)
- Alabama (pro hac vice)
- North Carolina (pro hac vice)
- Illinois (pro hac vice)
- Indiana (pro hac vice)
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star – 2021 to present
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star – 2015 to present
- American Association for Justice New Lawyers Division “Star” – 2018
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” Trial Lawyer in Michigan
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming Lawyers” – 2017
- Speaker, “Expert Witnesses: From Selection to Presentation”, Western Michigan University School of Law (2016)
- Speaker, “Technology and the Law – Presenting Your Story”, Detroit Bar Association (2017)
- Speaker, “Deposing Medical Experts in Personal Injury Cases – Using Hypotheticals, Metaphors, and Analogies”, American Association of Justice (2017)
- Speaker, “Anatomy of Civil Damages”, Detroit Bar Association (2019)
- Moderator, “Takeaway from the 229 Million Birth Injury Verdict Against John Hopkins”, American Association of Justice (2019)
- Speaker, “Making Your Pulmonary Embolism Case & Applying Evidence-Based Medicine”, American Association of Justice (2020)
- Speaker, “Representing Survivors of Sex Abuse”, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (2021)
- American Association for Justice, Mastering the Medicine: Birth Trauma and Medical Negligence Seminar (2016)
- American Association for Justice Winter Convention, Austin, TX (2017)
- American Association for Justice Summer Convention, Boston, MA (2017)
- American Association for Justice Winter Convention, Maui, HA (2018)
- American Association for Justice Summer Convention, Denver, CO (2018)
- American Association for Justice Winter Convention, Miami, FL (2019)
- American Association for Justice Summer Convention, San Diego, CA (2019)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Breckenridge, CO (2019)
- American Association for Justice, Mastering the Medicine: Birth Trauma and Medical Negligence Seminar (2019)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Annual Seminar (2019 – present)
- American Association for Justice Winter Convention, New Orleans, LA (2020)
- Michigan Association for Justice, Annual Seminar (2014 – present)
- Michigan Association for Justice, Medical Malpractice Seminar (2014 – present)
- American Association for Justice Summer Convention, Las Vegas, NV (2021)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Steamboat, CO (2021)