Dennis W. Brown
Dennis Brown began practicing law in 1981 and has tried over 100 jury trials and countless arbitrations and trials to a Judge. Following law school, Dennis was a judicial law clerk for Paul V. Hodges, Chief Justice of the Colorado Supreme Court. Dennis then worked as a Deputy District Attorney in Jefferson County, Colorado before entering the private practice of law. Dennis spent years representing corporations, manufacturers and insurance companies learning how they operate and how they think. Now, Dennis is dedicated to helping those who have suffered serious injuries and wrongful death.
Dennis has been named to Best Lawyers in America, recognized as a SuperLawyer and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell. In 1997, Dennis was inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) an invitation only group of experienced and respected trial attorneys. He served as President of the Colorado chapter from 2005-2006. Dennis was also inducted Litigation Counsel of America, another invitation only honorary society of accomplished trial attorneys.
Dennis has served as lead counsel in product liability lawsuits in over 21 states throughout the United States. Dennis has lectured on a wide array of legal matters, including damages, cross-examination of experts, fire and explosion investigations, traumatic brain injury, catastrophic injury, to name a few.
A former instructor and Board of Directors member for the Colorado Outward Bound School, Dennis enjoys outdoor adventure, particularly white-water kayaking, rock climbing and mountaineering. As a 2nd degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, Dennis also enjoys the challenge and discipline of the martial arts.
Dennis is also very active in the community serving on the Board of Directors of Make-A-Wish Colorado, the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (BOEC) and the Desert Foundation.
Dennis W. Brown received his B.A. cum laude in 1976 from Macalester College and his Juris Doctor in 1981 from William Mitchell College of Law. He specializes in personal injury and civil litigation, providing sound counsel to clients in need of legal advice.
After law school, Mr. Brown worked for Chief Justice Paul V. Hodges of the Colorado Supreme Court. He then spent four years as a Deputy District Attorney in Jefferson County, Colorado. While there, Mr. Brown tried more than fifty jury and court trials, both straightforward and complex. He then worked as an attorney and partner at Long & Jaudon, P.C. before founding the law firm of Baldwin & Brown, P.C., emphasizing his interest in litigation and trial work.
- Colorado and Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Advocate rank, 1997–present, Member
- Colorado Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2005–2006, President
- Proposed Civil Access Pilot Project Committee, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission, First Judicial District, 1988–1993, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission, First Judicial District, 2012–present, Member
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- University of Denver School of Law, Former Adjunct Professor
- Make-A-Wish Colorado, Member and Current Chair of the Board of Directors
- Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center (BOEC), Board of Directors
- Desert Foundation, Member and Current Chair of the Board of Directors